5P Sports : Carolina Jamfest 2
5P SPORTS REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- All teams must send a representative (NO PLAYERS) to pick up your tournament package at the facility of your first game.
- Three wristbands will be given to coaches at registration and must be listed on the approved roster.
- **TEAMS MUST PICK UP THEIR PACKAGES AT THE FACILITY OF FIRST GAME. PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP AT THE FACILITY WITHOUT YOUR CREDENTIALS. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY. **
- All teams participating in the tournament must provide a roster. After the roster is turned in, no changes or additional players can be added to the roster.
- Home team will provide game balls for game play only if basketball is suitable for game play. If not, we will request a Game Ball from visiting team. You may bring your own balls to warm up with.
- Schedule will be posted on Exposure Event. Please download our App at the Android or Apple store. Please FOLLOW your team and all changes and scores will be sent to you via text or email depending on what option you selected when you followed your team.
- Coaches must wear either a Coach’s shirt with a collar or Team t-shirt with team name on it. Shorts are acceptable. NO FLIP FLOPS. NO HATS.
GAME TIME is GAME TIME
- We will do our best not to have forfeits. If a team is a no show, for whatever reason, we will do our best to reschedule games, so everyone gets the minimum required games.
- Daily Admission $15
- Children Under Age 8 Free
TOURNAMENT BASKETBALL RULES
The National High School Federation Rules and Regulations (NHSF) will apply to all games with the following exceptions:
ALL GAMES WILL BE PLAYED AS FOLLOWS:
We will allow 6 Fouls per player in each game.
- Middle and High School (Grades 7 through 12) will consist of two sixteen-minute halves and will use a regulation size basketball. Women will use an intermediate size ball.
- Grades 3 through 6 will consist of two fourteen-minute halves and will use the 28.5” intermediate size ball.
- No game will start before the scheduled time unless both coaches agree. There will be a minimum of a 5-minute warm-up period. Halftime will be 2 minutes unless both coaches agree to start earlier.
- Home team wears light colored uniforms (top bracket). Visitor team wears dark colored uniforms.
- Home team sits to the left of scorer’s table. Visitor teams sits to the right of scorer’s table.
Each team will warm up on the end opposite its bench. Timeouts will be awarded under NHSF rules (3 Full / 2 Thirty Second).
- Overtime: 3 minutes for Grade School (Grades 3 through 6), 4 minutes for Middle and High School (Grades 7 through 12).
- The clock will stop for all whistle stoppages.
- Two (2) direct technical fouls during a game on a player, coach, or team representative will result in their ejection from that game and the next game of the tournament. Fighting and gross unsportsmanlike behavior can be more than one game and is at the discretion of the Tournament Director and/or State Director.
- Suspensions from USSSA sanctioned activities shall be governed by the USSSA Constitution.
- Each team is responsible for their warm-up and game balls and or any other items brought into the game. We are not responsible for lost items.
- If a team forfeits two games by not participating; the team will be disqualified from the event and cannot participate in bracket/tournament play.
- Once a team is leading by 20 points anytime a game, the clock will continue to run. The only time the clock will stop is for injuries or timeouts.
- If the lead falls below 10 points, the clock will again be stopped for all whistle stoppages.
- Rosters are allowed a maximum of fifteen (15) players.
- Two teams tied: Head-to-Head result.
- Three or more teams: Point Differential System will be used.
- Teams will receive a point differential per game up to a maximum of plus 15 points for a win and a maximum of minus 15 points for loss. The team not involved in the tiebreaker will have its games eliminated. The team with the highest point total will win the tiebreaker and the second highest number will be seeded second, etc. If two teams are tied with points, then revert to head-to-head. If there are still three teams tied, the team with the fewest points allowed in ALL games played in pool play wins. A forfeit is scored as a 15-0 game.
- As a sanctioning body of athletic events, shares the concerns being raised on a national and local level regarding concussions and concussion symptoms in participants, coaches/ managers and umpires/referees in sanctioned activities.
- We encourage it’s directors, umpires, coaches, referees, teams, team managers, and all adults involved in youth activities and participants to learn all they can about concussions in athletics and require each of them and each of the directors to follow all federal, state and local laws (including concussion training and reaction laws) with regard to athletic competition.
- In addition, we have added the following to the rule books of each sport which does not defer to another organization for its rule book:
- Upon becoming aware that a participant or coach/manager of his team has received a suspected concussion (or has been struck in the head area with any significant force), the Team Manager will not allow that person to participate in any sanctioned event and if occurring during a sanctioned event, shall have that person removed from the playing field of any sanctioned event.
- Upon becoming aware that a participant, coach/manager or official/umpire/referee has received a suspected concussion (or has been struck in the head area with any significant force), an official/umpire/referee or director will have that person removed from the playing field of any sanctioned event.
- Without a written medical written clearance from a licensed medical doctor to return to play, such persons will not be allowed to return to the playing field in a sanctioned event.
- For officials/umpires/referees, the medical written consent must be presented to the Team Manager and retained permanently by the State Director.
- For participants and coaches/managers, the medical written medical consent must be presented to the Team Manager and retained permanently by the Team Manager.
- Any Team Manager, who allows a coach/manager or participant back on a sanctioned event playing field without first obtaining the required written consent, may be suspended by the State Director for up to one year and upon request of the State Director, may be suspended for a longer duration by the disbarment committee.
- State Directors allowing an official/umpire/referee back in the field of play without the necessary consent will be subject to being disciplined as determined by the Board of Directors.
- In the event of severe head trauma in a sanctioned activity, the injured person will not be moved, and an ambulance will be called, unless otherwise directed by a qualified medical professional.
- The parent or guardian of the injured person, however, will not be bound by this protocol and may choose a different approach consistent with their legal rights as the parent or guardian.