5p Sports : USSSA March Madness
March 7th and 8th, LIVE in Concord, North Carolina, USSSA Brings you MARCH MADNESS!! This event is open to Boys 2nd-10th Grade Teams and Girls 2nd-12th Grade Teams. Gold Division Winner Rings!! 1st and 2nd Place Medals! Great Team Awards! Media Packages! All Winners Receive Discounted Entry to USSSA Jr. Nationals June 13-14! This is a 5P Sports Rewards Event. Please follow the link below to book your hotel accomodations.
5P Sports Rewards
We are excited to introduce our new partnership with THS (Tournament Housing Services). THS has been selected as the exclusive hotel provider for the 5P Sports events and will assist teams in securing the best hotels at the lowest prices!
Together with THS we are excited to bring you our industry-exclusive 5P Sports Rewards Program! We developed this Loyalty program as a way to reward teams that attend our tournaments and support our hotel partners. Want to learn more about the 5P Sports Rewards Program? Read the program benefits below.
5P Sports Rewards Program Benefits:
- “$5 per room-night* rebate awarded to teams for booking rooms through THS. (10 room-night minimum applies)”
- *1 room night = 1 room for 1 night
- Best hotel options at the lowest prices
- Lowest Rate Guarantee.
- Room Type Guarantee
Benefits of Working with THS:
- Real-time Hotel Availability
- Online Team Block Booking
- Easy Rooming List Management
- Friendly Customer Service
- Team Support before, during and after the tournament
NEW THIS SEASON: Our tournaments will be using the “Stay and Play”policy. In order for a non-local team to be accepted into the tournament, they need to book rooms at a Partner Hotel through THS.
How does Stay and Play help my teams and the tournament?
Stay and Play allows THS to negotiate lower room rates and larger hotel blocks, by leveraging the buying power of the entire tournament. Additionally, by using this housing program, we will able to better track room bookings within each city and prove our economic impact, which in turn will allow us to keep coming back and securing the most desirable dates and venues for our teams.
Please click the link below to reserve your March Madness Approved Hotel and Start Earning Rewards for your Team!
5P Sports Tournament Rules and Regulations:
High School Federation Rules and Regulations (NHSF) will apply to all USSSA games with the following exceptions:
All games will be played as follows:
- 7th Grade and Up consists of two sixteen minute halves and will use a regulation size
- Grades 3rd thru 6th will consist of two fourteen minute halves and will use a 28.5 intermediate size balls.
- No game will start before the scheduled time unless both coaches agree. There will be a minimum of a 5-minute warm-up period. Halftime will be 5 minutes unless both coaches agree to start earlier.
- Timeouts will be awarded under NHSF rules (3 Full / 2 Thirty Second)
- Overtime: 3 minutes for Grade School (Grades 3 through 6),4 minutes for Middle and High School (Grades 7 through 11)
- The clock will stop for all whistle stoppages
- Two (2) direct technical fouls during a game on a player, coach, or team representative will result in their disqualification for the next game of the tournament. Fighting and gross unsportsmanlike behavior can be more than one game and is at the discretion of the Tournament Director and/or State Director.
- Each team is responsible for their warm-up and game balls and or any other items brought into the game. USSSA is not responsible for items lost.
- If a team forfeits two games by not participating; the team will be disqualified from the event and cannot participate in bracket/tournament play
- Rosters are allowed a maximum of fifteen (15), players.
- Proof of age and/or grade is required for all players on the roster. Acceptable proofs of age are; clean photocopies of birth certificates, adoption papers, or immigration papers. Proof of grade is a clean copy of any report card of the current school year or school document that indicates current grade level. Teams are required to have proof of age and grade upon check-in.
- No roster additions will be permitted after the team has begun play in its first tournament game in any tournament.